Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to the routine

Today marked the return of the S.H.O.P workout for the first time in 2010. SHOP is an acronym "Shannon's House Of Pain" given to the house where myself and my training buddies do our indoor workouts. The house is owned by my Church and I was fortunate enough to be able to retrofit the basement into a weight room and CompuTrainer workout facility. Currently we meet their 3-4 days a week to punish our bodies into submission. This morning the workout started at 5:30am and I was fully expecting to be by myself but just before 6:00am my swim coach Chris showed up and I looked at him and stated "The off-season is officially over!"

The pain actually is increased on our famous Saturday workout that is now so popular we do it in two shifts (6am & 10am). This workout usually is a combo workout featuring running and cycling adding up to a 3+ hour workout.

It's good to be back to the routine.

Bring it!

HFP Man