Saturday, April 10, 2010

Helen Training Camp - Day 5

Sorry for the lateness on this post - we were just having too much fun after the workout. Yesterday featured a 45 mile ride followed by a 30 minute run. Most skipped the run and opted to lay in the sun and hang with me as my ankle would not let me run. I was thrilled to be able to ride however, and my ankle did not really bother me too much. The ride featured one of the most difficult climbs of the week - Hog Pen Gap. Very steep and bumpy road surface makes this climb really tough. Tom Lebuhn dominated the climb followed by the camps King of the Mountain - Kurt Molter, then Scott Myers and then fighting for 4th and 5th was myself and Mark "The Locomotive" Lemmon. Nearly 3 hours to complete the entire loop. Everyone is starting to feel the miles in their legs.

Today's a 3k swim followed by a killer 80 mile bike featuring Hog Pen, Brass Town (highest point in GA), Unicoi and a portion of Devils Branch loop. Today the weather will be awesome and will likely be our last workout before we head home Sunday morning.

Bring it!

HFP Man